Your ambitions to relocate to Singapore are intriguing. MOM commonly provides S Pass to workers with mid-level talents (such as technologists) who wish to work and live in Singapore. Firstly, for those looking for work, it signifies two things:
First, they will have a wider range of choices.
Before you may apply for this visa, you need to have a job offer
An application for a work permit is often handled by your employer, which means you will have no say in the matter. The majority of your time will be spent waiting.
- An in-depth look at the elements that might help a candidate get a S Pass is provided in this article.
- Use the Self-Assessment Tool to figure out what you need.
- The first step is to take the Self-Assessment Tool Test (SAT) offered by the Ministry of Labor and Industrial Relations (MOM).
S Pass applicants in Singapore may utilize this exam to learn about the prerequisites for submitting a successful application and to determine whether or not they are eligible.
The MOM has declared that if your SAT results show that you’re qualified, you don’t need to take the test to receive this work visa.
Scanning and printing copies of your passport and other identification documents will ensure that you are exam-ready. Filling up the application and sending it to MOM will be a lot simpler now.
Make sure you know how many foreign employees the company presently employs
The Singapore government’s primary purpose is to guarantee that the nation’s citizens and permanent residents do not lose out to foreigners in the economic prosperity of the country. Because to this, companies are limited in the amount of S Pass holders they may employ.
- Your company’s actions will be used to calculate the quota for S Pass holders who have never applied for a S Pass before.
Only the following number of S Pass holders may be employed by a company in accordance with the allocation:
- One-tenth of the company’s total personnel is employed in the company’s service division.
- The manufacturing industry employs 20% of the workforce.
- All other industries contribute for a total of 18% of the total.
For the construction and process industries, Singapore’s Budget 2022 decreased the Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC) to 1:5. A company’s maximum percentage of S Pass and Work Permit holders is referred to as the DRC maximum percentage.
Employers that violate the quota will be subject to the following penalties:
- It is in everyone’s best interest to allow it to maintain its extra staff until the present S Passes expires.
- Once the allowed limit is achieved, no new or renewed S Pass applications will be accepted.
- Set aside money for the S Pass fee.
The S Pass fee was instituted in order to restrict the flow of foreigners into the country. As a company’s employees, all S Pass holders are taxed on the company’s behalf. In the event that a S Pass holder’s work permit is cancelled or expires, they are responsible for any charges related with maintaining their work permit.
- Please visit this page to learn more about S Pass quotas and levy requirements.
- To pay their taxes, small business owners’ customers must do so via GIRO.
Make sure that you have medical insurance in place before you go for a vacation.Before a S Pass may be given, the person who intends to use it must have medical insurance. Legally, you must have and maintain medical insurance.