Melatonin is a hormone naturally synthesized by the brain that aids in regulating sleep and wakefulness in humans. This blog post will discuss the benefits of the Strongest melatonin gummies and how they can be used to help with insomnia, as well as provide an overview of melatonin itself.
What are Melatonin Gummies?
Melatonin gummies are a dietary supplement that have been shown to have many uses. They can be used to help people fall asleep, stay asleep through the night, and remain asleep all night long without waking up after having difficultly falling back to sleep following an interruption. They also have a positive impact on mental clarity, mood, and energy.
Benefits of Melatonin Gummies
- Reduce Anxiety: Melatonin can help reduce anxiety by increasing the production of serotonin in the brain. Some people find that they are able to fall asleep more easily when they take melatonin gummies because of its relaxing effects on the mind and body. In addition, melatonin has been found to be effective in treating sleep disorders associated with bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and ADHD. Thus far there have been no reports of negative side effects or addictive tendencies with melatonin gummies.
- Improve Sleep Quality: Melatonin has been found to improve sleep quality. It has a long half-life of approximately 20 hours, is more stable in the body, appears to be more effective at its task than other nocturnal hormones such as melatonin, and can be used for a longer period of time (20 hours versus about 5-10 hours) prior to having difficulty falling asleep. It is also considered an effective replacement for other sleeping aids because of its mild side-effect profile.
- Increase Alertness: Melatonin may improve alertness throughout the day because it has an inhibitory effect on the circadian rhythm, which is linked to morning drowsiness. Melatonin has a longer half-life than many drugs, which can make it a more stable hormone.
- Improve Cognitive Function: Melatonin is linked to the improvement of cognitive function and the delay of onset of age-related symptoms such as dementia. It may also have an inhibitory effect on the circadian rhythm, thus allowing one to think more clearly.
- Anti-Aging: Melatonin has been found to help improve metabolism and alleviate several types of cancer (breast, prostate, bladder). It may also reduce the risk for some types of cancer due to its ability to induce cell death.
- Weight Loss: Because melatonin induces the secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland and has an appetite suppressing effect, it can be used to promote weight loss.
- Protect Against Brain Aging: Melatonin has been found to have a protective effect on the brain against Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and other types of dementia. It is also linked with schizophrenia because of its anti-inflammatory affect on the brain.
- Treat Depression: In people that have depression and other mood disorders, melatonin may help relieve symptoms of depression by helping to restore a normal sleep cycle and this may induce remission of symptoms.